To exchange ideas and share information in confidence that will enhance the professional and personal skills of its members.
Meetings will be held monthly in English over an extended lunch (1230 noon to 2pm) at a restaurant in a central location.
Members should be presidents or chief operating officers of a business registered in Japan. Ideally, all members will have a minimum of three years in country at a senior management level. Members must be C-Level preferably CEO, however CFO and other executives may participate as recommended by other CEOs.
1) Each meeting will have a general theme that will be led by a member. The leadership role and the theme will revolve monthly. Themes should be mutually agreed upon by a majority of members.
2) Unless otherwise specified, ideas and information shared in meetings shall be held in confidence (Chatham House Rules).
3) Maximum attendance at any one meeting should be no more that eighteen members and guests to maximize communications at the meetings.
4) The main business of each member (and guest) should not be in direct competition with another member.
5) CEO Insights members will not hire employees of other members of their CEO group.
6) Members must attend a minimum of 6 meetings annually due to the limited size of the group. Members attending less than 6 meetings may lose their position to newly recommended CEOs.
7) The group is limited in size to 20 CEOs, with an anticipated 12-15 maximum at each meeting.
8) CEOs outside of the base country may remain on the mailing list, but will not be calculated in the membership totals due to inability to attend meetings regularly. They are welcome to attend when they are in country.
9) Guests C-levels are welcome to visit. Following the meeting they may be recommended for membership. Following an initial meeting a guest may be recommended for membership as long as they meet the requirements above. One disapproving CEO may block that new potential member. CEOs must qualify under the Membership Qualifications listed above.
CEO Insights (CI) is organized by AINEO Networks. Meetings are not designed to make money, however it does cost money to plan meetings, filter speakers, select appropriate topics, keep members engaged, select appropriate venues for the meetings, and interact with CI membership in organizing these events. Lunches are typically 2-4,000 yen and evening evening events have averaged between 8-10,000 yen.
The annual membership fee is for one year and invoiced via AINEO KK. Membership renews annually one month prior to whatever month a company has joined, unless canceled by member company. If a CEO is transferred abroad, CI is happy to transfer membership to other CEO within same organization or group company (barring any conflict of interest between group company and any new company as stated above).
CI is Japan’s unmatched gathering of c-level executives from Japan and around the world. Questions maybe directed to CI via the AINEO team here.
Updated 050325, 100126, 11031, 151225